As I shared with the ladies in my private facebook group, the only good thing about these rainy gloomy days is I get lots of brainstorming and business planning done.
Here’s a dilemma we have: Valentine’s Day is 4 weeks away. And a lot of women would rather skip buying their partners expensive electronics for gifts (because where’s the sentimental value in that) and give boudoir portraits instead (not to mention spice things up a bit)…
But there is so much that goes into a regular shoot on my end and my clients’ so there’s just not enough time for everyone to get in. It’s depressing I know. So with the help of tremendous amounts of coffee and snuggles from my dog, I’ve come up with a budget friendly alternative that will allow for 15-20 women to be photographed before V-Day AND walk away with your images at the end of your shoot!
I know you’ll love our first ever Polaroid Mini Sessions!
The polaroid mini shoot is perfect for you if:
- you’re stressing out about what to get your significant other for Valentine’s Day.
- a boudoir shoot with me has been on your bucket list but your budget hasn’t allowed for it yet.
- you would love to have a little taste of the boudoir experience before investing in a regular shoot.
- excitement has been missing from your relationship and you’re ready to do something unexpected.
- you’re ready for something that focuses on you and your confidence.
- you’re ready to feel gorgeous, free spirited and daring!
How will the polaroid mini sessions work?
This type of shoot is like a watered-down preview of what a real shoot is like. A real shoot with me includes:
- in person consultation-this is where you get to know me, decide if you want to work with me, ask any questions, learn about the boudoir experience, how to plan your styling, see beautiful sample products, etc. This is also the time I get to know your personality and what you love about yourself so that I’m able to bring that out during your shoot.
- shared Pinterest board-this is a fun mood board between you, myself and the hair stylist/makeup artist where we help you plan wardrobe looks, hairstyles and makeup ideas. I help with shopping if needed and suggest figure flattering lingerie styles.
- Professional hairstyling and makeup-you roll out of bed, put on some comfortable clothes, grab your breakfast and some caffeine, and head to the salon for some relaxing pampering time. My stylist, Morgan, is a pro at applying makeup for photography and her airbrush foundation looks flawless! She’s also great at helping you feel nice and relaxed.
- 2 hour photoshoot-the time has come! You get two full hours of feeling like you’re being photographed for the cover of Vanity Fair, going from a bedroom scene to a more fashion forward studio vibe. We usually fit in up to 4 outfit changes, so there will be plenty of variety in your boudoir album.
- High-end retouching-this is where the majority of my time is spent. After choosing your absolute best 25-30 images, each image gets a full professional high-end retouch with precision detail (averaging 15 minutes per image). Every image will be magazine worthy, I guarantee. Oh, and there will be no plastic, over-smoothed skin. That’s not how I roll 🙂
- In person viewing session-the moment you’ve been anticipating…you’ll come to my home where you’ll get to view a custom designed slideshow of your gorgeous retouched images (in both color and black and white). We’ll choose your favorite portraits, your favorite products (the leather boudoir album paired with a framed wall portrait or canvas is by far the most loved option), complete your order and then two weeks later you’ll have your stunning printed portraits in your hands!
For the mini shoots, you’ll be responsible for your own hairstyling, makeup and outfit choice. When you book your shoot, I’ll include a complimentary copy of my lingerie guide to help you with your wardrobe styling as well as a link to my Pinterest boards that are full of lingerie, hair and makeup inspiration.
What are the details of the mini sessions?
- Shoots will take place Monday-Thursday at 10:30 am, 11:45 am or 1 pm
- The shoot will last 40 minutes.
- Please come with your hair and makeup completely done.
- We will photograph one outfit.
- You are welcome to bring accessories.
- We will shoot 2 rolls of film (20 images)-remember this is film and not every image may turn out (blinks, in-between expressions, etc).
- The film Fujifilm Instax Mini-the pictures will be credit card size.
- You won’t have to worry about posing and your expression, that is my job to coach you through the shoot every step of the way.
- The session comes with 8 pictures and you are welcome to purchase additional pictures. At the end of your shoot, we’ll lay out your pictures and you can choose the images you’d like to take home.
- The price for the shoot is $189 and includes the photo shoot with 8 pictures. You are welcome to purchase additional picture for $11 each.
- BONUS GIFT: every single client will receive a gift certificate for $200 off of a future boudoir session that will be valid for one year!
How can you display your pictures?
Check out these adorable mini albums that you can easily slide your pictures into (and you would have room to add more later!). A mini wooden or glass box with a ribbon around it would be perfect too!
I’m ready to book my shoot! What should I do next?
- Call Cori at (309) 212-6359 during office hours Monday-Thursday 9am-3pm. Please have in mind a couple of time slots that would work best for you and we’ll see which ones we still have available. Again, shoots will take place Monday-Thursday at 10:30 am, 11:45 am or 1 pm. The first appointment will start Monday, January 23rd and the last appointment will be Monday, Feb. 13th. If I’m in a meeting and can’t answer my phone, please make sure you leave a message with your name, phone number and the dates you are interested in. You can also reach me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To book your shoot, a signed boudoir contract (electronic) and session fee ($189) will be due within one day. If these aren’t completed, your time slot will be opened up.
- Are you ready to start planning your shoot?? Head over to my Pinterest boards for some lingerie inspiration!